Friday, January 29, 2016

Vague Rememberance: Rendezvous

He gently put his palm on her head, stroking it tenderly. She smiled a smile that always seemed to calm his feelings. They sat down, eyes locked to each other, recalling the time they first laid eyes on each other on that warm summer unexpected night.

"Do you still remember the day we first met?"
"Are you kidding me? Like who could forget" (laughs)
"Do you regret that moment?"
"Not at all. Why should I?"
"With all the pain that I've caused. All the times I've let you down"
"I wouldn't trade it for anything else"
"But do you still feel the same way?"
"About what?"
"About us. Where we've come till now"
"Well feelings change, we change, and sometimes you just can't be the same person all over again"
"Do you think we have another chance at this?"
"Are you saying you're going to give it another try?"
"Would you let me?"
"Do you really need the permission?"
"I feel like I do but I honestly have no clue"
"Have you tried asking yourself the same question? Would you let yourself do that?"
"I don't know"
"You wouldn't be if you we're sure about this in the first place"

He took her hand and grasped it tight. But she knew they had to eventually let go. Even though that part of her deep within refused to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment